I LUV Special Ed

I LUV Special Ed
Mickelle Nieves

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Letterland

Last year our school district adopted the Letterland series to teach phonics, spelling and reading to our Kindergarten and First Grade students. As a resource teacher we support Letterland by teaching the intervention strand. There are not many materials to support the intervention piece.

Letterland is an Orton-Gillingham based program. I know for my students (students with specific learning disabilities), they require practice, practice, and more practice. So I created Reading and Writing Sentence handouts to supplement the intervention strand lessons. Each handout correlates with the sentences introduced in the intervention sections. There are 4 sections, Set A, Set B, Set C, and Set D. I have created supplements for Set A, B and C. I am still working on Set D.

 I hope these help other special education teachers as they try to support Letterland instruction in their classroom. Teachers can purchase these handouts on my Teachers Pay Teachers website.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/I-Luv-Special-Ed




No comments:

Post a Comment